Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Jim Coleman, Host of The Flavors of America on PBS.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup ale
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients together in blender or food processor.
- Pour into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350F about 30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Very well received at our Thanksgiving! A wonderful combination of flavors - especially the lime. Easy and quick. I served it warm in a small crockpot, but I think it should be oven-baked and served warm and bubbly instead.
This is unlike any other artichoke dip I've ever eaten. It's fluffy and light, yet a little "custardy." I'd say it's more of a "spread." The lime zest works well in this. It's great served warm with crackers or veggies. It makes A LOT....I used a 10" pie plate and it filled it. I'll make this again. Thanx for a unique dip!