Recipe by Lennie
Found on the Web in response to a recipe request.
Top Review by ElizabethEstes
This was great. It truly was like the Arthur Treacher's I remember from the 70's. One comment I would like to make though is that even though I used 3 pounds of fish I had enough batter left over to coat another 10 pounds. Next time I will use one cup of soada and one cup of bisquick. Lovely fish though and it went particularly well with the Chip Shop Curry Sauce.
- 3 lbs fish fillets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip moistened fish pieces evenly but lightly in the flour.
- Dust off any excess flour and allow pieces to air dry on waxed paper, about 5 minutes.
- Whip the pancake mix with the club soda to the consistency of buttermilk-- pourable, but not too thin and not too thick.
- Beat in the onion powder and seasoned salt.
- Dip floured fillets into batter and drop into 425F oil in heavy saucepan using meat thermometer.
- Brown about 4 minutes per side.
- Arrange on cookie sheet in 325F oven until all pieces have been fried.