Recipe by youngandhungry
This came from a presentation done by Arthur Bryant's on their baked beans. Anyone who's had them in KC will know how good these are!
- 0.5 (18 ounce) bottlearthur bryant's original barbecue sauce
- 48 -56 ounces pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 lb diced beef brisket (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the above ingredients (except beans) together. Put into a saucepan and simmer until onions are tender. Be sure to stir often. (This will NOT be the same without their sauce. Perhaps try ordering it online).
- Open beans and pour off the excess liquid from beans. Add beans to the above sauce.
- Put into a 325-degree oven and bake for about 1 to 1 ½ hours. (You could instead, put into your smoker at low heat for 2 to 3 hours while smoking your favorite meat.}.