1/1 Photo of Arroz Verde Mexicano
Mexican Green Rice. For this recipe, I tested Morelos' rice from Mexico. Use regular long grain white rice if Morelos' is not available. From Better Homes and Gardens. Sometimes Spanish rice just doesn't cut it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped coarsely (mild or spicy)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup morelos' rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- 1In a blender combine the parsley, cilantro, white onion, water, chili pepper, lime juice, and garlic.
- 2Process until almost smooth. If necessary, stop blender and scrape down sides.
- 3In a large saute pan heat the olive oil on medium heat. Saute the rice for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4Heat up the broth and add to the rice along with the cilantro/parsley mixture.
- 5Cover pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for approximately 20 minutes or unti rice is tender and liquid is absorded.
- 6Once cooking is complete, turn off heat, keep pan on heating element for 10-15 minutes to allow rice grains to firm up.
- 7Season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Verde Mexicano
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: