1/3 Photos of Arroz Verde (Mexican Green Rice)
Galley Wench's Note:
Original recipes comes from The Complete Book of Mexican Cooking, however I've made some adjustments (of course)! I prefer the roasted chiles but fresh chopped chiles can be used. If a smooth texture rice is preferred see note at bottom of instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml poblano chiles (fresh or roasted) or 236.59 ml bell pepper, minced (fresh or roasted)
- 473.18 ml rice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 4.92 ml cumin
- fresh ground pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add garlic and rice; saute for approximately 3 mnutes or until golden.
- 2To pot add broth, peppers, onions, cumin, salt, pepper.
- 3Cover; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until tender and all the liquid has absorbed (approximately 20 minutes).
- 4Stir in cilantro and garnish with chopped green onions.
- 5NOTE: If a smooth texture is preferred, puree the onion and chilis in a little broth before adding to the pot.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Verde (Mexican Green Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: