1 hr 20 mins
This Colombian dish features chicken and pork. From the cooking blog My Colombian Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pork belly, diced
- 1 lb pork ribs, cut into pieces
- 6 chicken legs or 6 chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup peas
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1To make the sofrito: Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan, add the tomatoes, scallions, onion, garlic, ground cumin, achiote and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring until softened.
- 2Reduce the heat to low, add the salt, pepper and cilantro, cook for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened. Check and adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- 3To make the rice: In a large pan over medium heat, add the pork belly. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the pork belly is brown. Add the pork ribs. Cook for 5 minutes more. Stirring often.
- 4Add the chicken pieces and sauté for 4 minutes on each side or until brown. Add the rice and stir to coat.
- 5Add the chicken stock, stir and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the peas, carrots, salt, pepper and cumin, cook for about 10 more minutes.
- 6Reduce the heat to low, add the hogao, milk and cheese and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the fresh cilantro and Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Tapado
Serving Size: 1 (1039 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1707.6
- Calories from Fat 955
- Total Fat 106.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 388.6 mg
- Sodium 939.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 96.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: