1/5 Photos of Arroz Pilaf
When we cook Tex-Mex this recipe from Cheryl and Bill Jamison is the one we use. It is a fantastic side dish that has it's own wonderful flavor - one that complements and doesn't compete with grilled meats, burritos, stews, tacos....whatever we serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the oil (the Jamisons use peanut oil).
- 2Saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- 3Add the rice, tomatoes, and chili powder; saute another couple of minutes, stirring to coat the rice with oil.
- 4Pour in the stock, sprinkle with salt if desired, and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer the rice for 15-18 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and let the rice steam, covered for 5-10 minutes.
- 7Serve with your favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
- 8I have made this ahead for a dinner party and reheated it in the oven before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 843.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g