Recipe by banad
I made this recipe myself, specifically for the contest. I tried it out at home, and it was delicious! The spices were good, and it was very filling. The rest of my family loved it, too!
Top Review by Susie D
This recipe makes a mild chicken stew that was excellent served over rice. I served jalapenos, green onions, avacado slices, sour cream & black olives alongside to top it with. I was confused by the amount of black beans listed in the ingredient list & didn’t know if they were dried or canned. I prepared a separate pot of black beans and added 1 cup to the stew. I also seared the chicken thighs before proceeding with the recipe. I deboned the thighs at the end and then added the shredded chicken back into the pot. As mentioned, the stew is very mild and I would probably add a little cumin to it when preparing again to add a little more Mexican flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Great job!
- 3 tomatoes, dice
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 basil leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounces black beans, canned
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces canned mild green chili peppers
- 1 large tilapia fillet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, fry onion until transparent.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and chicken thighs.
- Cover, then cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic powder, basil leaves, and paprika.
- Add bell pepper, beans, lemon juice, and green chili peppers, then simmer on medium-low for forty minutes.
- Chop tilapia into bite-sized pieces, and then add tilapia to pot.
- Cook for ten minutes, then spoon over rice.
- Serve warm.