Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was submitted by a reader of our local paper and this is the way her mother made it.
Make and share this Arroz Dulce (Sweet Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- Let rice and raisins soak in water to cover for approximately 30 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in large saucepan.
- Drain rice and raisins and add to the boiling water with Cinnamon sticks and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over low heat until rice is tender.
- Boil ginger root in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes, strain and blend liquid with remaining 3/4 cup of sugar, coconut cream, milk and vanilla continue cooking over low heat.
- Add this mixture with butter to rice.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat until milk is absorbed, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon into a serving dish or custard cups and sprinkle with cinnamon.