This was submitted by a reader of our local paper and this is the way her mother made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Let rice and raisins soak in water to cover for approximately 30 minutes.
- 2Bring 2 cups water to boil in large saucepan.
- 3Drain rice and raisins and add to the boiling water with Cinnamon sticks and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 4Cook over low heat until rice is tender.
- 5Boil ginger root in 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes, strain and blend liquid with remaining 3/4 cup of sugar, coconut cream, milk and vanilla continue cooking over low heat.
- 6Add this mixture with butter to rice.
- 7Cover and continue cooking over low heat until milk is absorbed, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Spoon into a serving dish or custard cups and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Dulce (Sweet Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 50.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: