Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another favorite from my little "Low Fat Mexican Recipes" book. Enjoy!
Top Review by CraftScout
We weren't thrilled with this. It was okay, but to all of us it tasted very much like something out of a box. I made this according to recipe, only leaving out the carrot, because I didn't have one.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté rice until golden.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, peas, tomatoes, carrot and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed.