Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another favorite from my little "Low Fat Mexican Recipes" book. Enjoy!
Make and share this Arroz De Mexico (Mexican Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté rice until golden.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, peas, tomatoes, carrot and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
We weren't thrilled with this. It was okay, but to all of us it tasted very much like something out of a box. I made this according to recipe, only leaving out the carrot, because I didn't have one.
This was very good and looked nice as well with all the colors. EASY to make. I have an addiction to Rotel tomatoes so any recipe with these has got to be good. Served with Potscruber's Mexican Fish and these went well together.