1/1 Photo of Arroz Con Salchichas (Vienna Sausages)
Make this recipe along with red beans and some sweet plantains on the side. Yuuuuummm! From elboricua.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 2 (5 ounce) cans vienna sausages, save the liquid for the rice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 3/4 cups hot water
- 15 pimento stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1In a 5qt pot,add sofrito, sazón, vienna sausages, tomato sauce, salt, canola oil, olives and alcaparras.
- 2Rinse the rice well and add to the other ingredients.
- 3Add the hot water and liquid of the sausages and water to equal the amount of water specified. Turn heat up to medium high and stir well.
- 4When it starts boiling, lower the heat to medium, and let the rice completely dry out. By now, most of the liquid will be absorbed and you will not see the edges around the rice bubbling.
- 5Stir the rice with a large spoon, bringing the rice at the bottom to the top.
- 6Cover the pot to a tight fit with the lid and aluminum foil and reduce the heat to low.
- 7After about 20 minutes, uncover carefully
- 8and turn the rice again using the large spoon.
- 9Cover the pot again with and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 10Remove the pot and set it on a cool burner. DO NOT leave it on a hot burner or it will continue to cook.
- 11Let stand for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Salchichas (Vienna Sausages)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 671.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sazon goya con culantro y achiote
pimento stuffed olives