Recipe by Diana Thompson
Good kid-friendly vegetarian side-dish. I found the recipe on-line.
Top Review by tigerlily
This recipe has all the ingredients that I love, however I found after 5 hours on low, the rice was a glutenous mass and it was dry. Maybe adding all the cheese at the last minute would help and less cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided