Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Spanish recipe is quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Arroz Con Pollo Y Frijoles Negros (Rice W/Chicken Black Beans) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken thighs (6 is about right) or 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks (6 is about right)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- tomato sauce (Hunts)
- black beans, drained and rinsed (Rosarita)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (caldo con sabor de pollo)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with adobo seasoning. Cook chicken 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add rice and half of onions to skillet. Brown in pan drippings over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon. Stir until well blended.
- Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions.