Member #610488's Note:
This Spanish recipe is quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 lbs chicken thighs (6 is about right) or 2 1/4 lbs chicken drumsticks (6 is about right)
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced and divided
- tomato sauce (Hunts)
- black beans, drained and rinsed (Rosarita)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (caldo con sabor de pollo)
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with adobo seasoning. Cook chicken 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- 2Add rice and half of onions to skillet. Brown in pan drippings over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon. Stir until well blended.
- 3Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo Y Frijoles Negros (Rice W/Chicken Black Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 143.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: