Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a delicious and healthy salad I like to have for dinner or lunch. I got it from Women's Health and Fitness magazine.
Top Review by duonyte
Nice way to use up leftover rice and chicken. I made this pretty much in the middle of the night as I had missed dinner, and I think next time I would add some chopped fresh herbs and perhaps use a red bell pepper instead of the chili pepper.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 mild chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 8 ounces cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons other flavored vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble the ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl in the order in which they appear with lettuce on the bottom.
- Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve, up to one day.
- When ready to serve, add ingredients for dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.