Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious and healthy salad I like to have for dinner or lunch. I got it from Women's Health and Fitness magazine.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 mild chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 8 ounces cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons other flavored vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Assemble the ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl in the order in which they appear with lettuce on the bottom.
- Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve, up to one day.
- When ready to serve, add ingredients for dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Nice way to use up leftover rice and chicken. I made this pretty much in the middle of the night as I had missed dinner, and I think next time I would add some chopped fresh herbs and perhaps use a red bell pepper instead of the chili pepper.
I, too, didn't think there'd be enough dressing for the amount of salad, so I doubled it right up front, & this simple dressing worked out just fine! I particularly enjoyed the use of brown rice here! Simple, easy, tasty ~ A very nice combo! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
Great recipe, although I had to double the dressing recipe there was simply not enough dressing for the amount of salad, well for our tastes anyway lol! I also sprinkled some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top, thanks for sharing Lainey!...Kitten:)