Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes, another recipe for this Cuban dish. I don't know if this is Cuban version, but it's very good and pretty. I consider this a company dish. To peel the tomatoes, dip in very hot water; they should peel easily. I got it from the Prudent Diet Cookbook. If you are making it for more than 2 people, adjust measurements.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more to your liking)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 2 small tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- Place chicken in bowl for marinating
- Crush saffron and dissolve in warm water
- Combine with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and salt.
- Distribute saffron marinade well over all pieces of chicken and let stand at least 1/2 hour.
- Remove chicken saving any remaining marinade.
- Dust chicken lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the skillet, add garlic, onions, pimiento, tomatoes, oregano, parsley and any remaining marinade.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally until onion is soft and mixture has cooked down.
- Add rice and cook stirring until rice is translucent
- Sprinkle with cumin and paprika.
- Heat chicken bouillon and pour ovr rice Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and bring to a boil again.
- At this point I put everything in a casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven.
- Just watch until moisture is absorbed by rice.