Toni in Colorado's Note:
Yes, another recipe for this Cuban dish. I don't know if this is Cuban version, but it's very good and pretty. I consider this a company dish. To peel the tomatoes, dip in very hot water; they should peel easily. I got it from the Prudent Diet Cookbook. If you are making it for more than 2 people, adjust measurements.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more to your liking)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 2 small tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 1Place chicken in bowl for marinating
- 2Crush saffron and dissolve in warm water
- 3Combine with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and salt.
- 4Distribute saffron marinade well over all pieces of chicken and let stand at least 1/2 hour.
- 5Remove chicken saving any remaining marinade.
- 6Dust chicken lightly with flour.
- 7In a large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup oil and brown the chicken pieces.
- 8Remove chicken and set aside.
- 9To the skillet, add garlic, onions, pimiento, tomatoes, oregano, parsley and any remaining marinade.
- 10Simmer, stirring occasionally until onion is soft and mixture has cooked down.
- 11Add rice and cook stirring until rice is translucent
- 12Sprinkle with cumin and paprika.
- 13Heat chicken bouillon and pour ovr rice Bring to a boil.
- 14Add chicken and bring to a boil again.
- 15At this point I put everything in a casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven.
- 16Just watch until moisture is absorbed by rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo - Rice With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 893.2
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 2797.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 38.4 g