1/15 Photos of Arroz Con Pollo (Rice With Chicken)
1 hr 10 mins
Chef floWer's Note:
My neighbour gave me this recipe as we were renovating the kitchen and I didn’t have an oven for 6 months. I cooked everything outside on the BBQ and luckily I had a Wok burner connected to the BBQ. This dish is very easy and very yummy. I think Arroz con Pollo means ‘Rice with Chicken’ in Spanish. Enjoy we did :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 kg chicken fillet, cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- 1 -2 bay leaf, if available (optional)
- 1 (425 g) can diced tomatoes (a large tin may be better, it's up to you)
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup beans, cooked (optional)
- 1 (400 g) can artichoke hearts, chopped yummy if included (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Brown cubed chicken in some oil with the chopped garlic and onions.
- 2Add the chopped capsicum's sauté for a minute.
- 3Add the bay leaves, tomatoes and chicken stock.
- 4When the stock starts to boil stir in the rice and turmeric.
- 5Simmer low heat with the lid on until the rice is tender adding more stock if necessary. Stir regular. This will take 20-30 minutes approximately.
- 6Add beans and artichokes during the last 10 mins of cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo (Rice With Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 381.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 44.2 g