Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
even though there are alot of ingredients this one dish meal cooks up pretty quick. if you're like me and love you some stuffed sopapillas, while this dish is simmering fry up a couple and stuff them with this!! yummmm!!!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon saffron (i used imitation)
- 4 chicken breasts, 1-inch cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups rice
- 2 small zucchini, cut in 1-inch circles
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- combine the first 7 ingredients & sprinkle on chicken.
- heat olive oil and brown chicken on all sides for approximately 7 minutes.
- combine the chicken broth, enchillada sauce & bay leaves and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- add onion, garlic, peppers and rice to the chicken and saute for 3 minutes.
- add zucchini, mushrooms, corn and beans, stir everything up.
- add broth mixture, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- let simmer on low for 20 minutes, do not remove cover during this time.
- remove cover & check the rice to make sure its done, if not cover again and let sit for another 5 minutes on low.