Recipe by StarMom3
One pot--so simple! My MIL, who is from the Dominican Republic, has ALWAYS made this. Every since the very first time she made it for me, it has been my FAVORITE dish. Even my kids, ages 12 & 5 and are incredibly picky, will eat this meal. We usually make it with a side salad and fried Plantains like in Patacones Ticos (Costa Rican Fried Plantains). Oh and the house smells incredible while this is cooking!
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil (I use Mazola, but any is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw ALL the ingredients "EXCEPT" Rice & Water into a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring every so often.
- When liquid starts to diminish add the rice & water.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover & simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy! :).