Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
My own arroz con pollo recipe does not include whole tomatoes due to my family's tastes, but does include tomato paste for that terrific flavor. The use of instant rice makes this a very quick, delicious one-dish meal that will leave you begging for more!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- cumin powder
- adobo seasoning
- cayenne pepper
- oil, for sauteing
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups instant rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, cumin, adobo seasoning and cayenne to taste. Saute in oil until browned and remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add onion, garlic and peppers. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and rice.
- Shred the cooked chicken and add back to the pan.
- Pour in chicken broth. Incorporate well.
- Cover and cook on very low heat for 10-15 minutes or until rice is cooked and has absorbed all the flavors.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley before serving.