1 hr 30 mins
Chef Marisol's Note:
This recipes was passed down to me by my grand father, the best Cuban cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 6 (12 ounce) bottles beer
- 1 (12 ounce) arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 small green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1Cut chicken breasts into bite size cubes. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin; set aside.
- 2Heat chicken broth.
- 3In an large iron pot put 2 tablespoons corn oil; add chicken breasts and fry until brown.
- 4Don't cook the chicken completely. Take chicken out and set aside.
- 5To the same pot add 2 tablespoons of oil and add chopped onions, garlic and green peppers. Sauté until onions are soft about 3 minutes. Add pearl rice and sauté for about 2 minutes to seal the rice.
- 6Start adding your liquid 1/2 cup of broth and 1 bottle of beer.
- 7When rice has absorbed the liquid, repeat step--1/2 cup of chicken broth and one bottle of beer; continue until rice is soft, stirring constantly after each addition of liquid.
- 8Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.When rice is almost cooked, add your chicken breast back into pot.
- 9Continue to cook until rice it fully cooked. Rice should be wet not dry. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo - Cuban Style
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 40.5 g