This has tons of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken drumsticks (skin left on or off)
- 6 chicken thighs (skin left on or off)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and 1 tsp oregano.
- 2Heat oil in a large Dutch oven oven medium-high heat.
- 3Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- 4Add in the chicken and brown on all sides.
- 5Remove the chicken from the pan; drizzle with lime juice, cover; keep warm.
- 6Add in the chopped onion, bell pepper, crushed chili flakes and chopped garlic to the pan, saute over medium heat until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 7Stir in 1/2 tsp oregano, tumeric and cumin; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8Stir in the rice and ham, cook 1 minute; increase heat to medium.
- 9Add in the chicken broth and tomatoes (with the liquid); bring to a boil.
- 10Add in the chicken (nestling into the rice mixture); cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 18 minutes, or until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Stir in the peas; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 13Remove from the heat; let stand uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle with olives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo (Cuban Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.2
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.2 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives