2 hrs 25 mins
This recipe comes from my sister's mother-in-law that is from Cuba. It is a little different than most chicken and rice dishes, but very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 14 Spanish olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, with juice
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, with juice
- 2 cups Uncle Ben's converted brand rice, rinsed
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- 2Fry in vegetable oil until brown on both sides; set aside.
- 3Sauté green pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil.
- 4Place browned chicken and sautéed vegetables into a large pot,on medium heat.
- 5Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the boiling water.
- 6Add to the pot, tomato soup, tomato sauce, chicken bouillon, and capers.
- 7Cook on medium heat.
- 8When the mixture starts to boil, add the Spanish olives, sweet peas (with juice), and pimentos (with juice).
- 9Add the rice and beer.
- 10Simmer for 2 hours.
- 11If it gets too thick thin with a little beer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1168.6
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.3 mg
- Sodium 1735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 70.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: