Recipe by KGCOOK
Wrap this meal up in a flour tortilla and your ready to go!
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
These are very good! I halved the recipe because there are only 2 of us. I always have grated sharp chedar and Jack cheese on hand so used this. All in all, great recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for Cookathon for KBerry at KK's forum!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large deep skillet, combine chicken, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- In same skillet, heat oil.
- Add rice and saute until golden.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water, tomato sauce,and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes, and green onions, blend well.
- Heat 5 minutes.
- Place a heaping 1/2 cup of chicken and rice mixture on each warm tortilla.
- Fold in sides and roll to enclose filling.
- Place filled burritos seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with salsa and guacamole.