Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These big rice and chicken burritos are easy to make and sure to please!
Make and share this Arroz Con Pollo Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelawry taco seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 8 large flour tortillas, warmed to soften (burrito size)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- In large deep skillet, add chicken, rice, Taco Spices & Seasonings, water and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and green onion.
- Scoop 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla.
- Fold in sides and roll-up to enclose filling.
- Top each burrito with cheese, if desired, and heat in 350°F oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish each burrito with salsa and guacamole, if desired.
Loved this! I was looking for a Burrito recipe that didn't have refried beans in them. I can't handle them well, nor do I actually like those beans. I used slightly more chicken then called for, so I got 12 Burritos, but that's ok, my husband took the rest to work with him. :)
These were really easy to put together which is great for a busy work day. I really liked the idea of rolling them and then putting in the oven to melt the cheese. I think this is a recipe that the whole family will love.Thanks Looneytunesfan.