Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These big rice and chicken burritos are easy to make and sure to please!
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelawry taco seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 8 large flour tortillas, warmed to soften (burrito size)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- In large deep skillet, add chicken, rice, Taco Spices & Seasonings, water and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and green onion.
- Scoop 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla.
- Fold in sides and roll-up to enclose filling.
- Top each burrito with cheese, if desired, and heat in 350°F oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish each burrito with salsa and guacamole, if desired.
Loved this! I was looking for a Burrito recipe that didn't have refried beans in them. I can't handle them well, nor do I actually like those beans. I used slightly more chicken then called for, so I got 12 Burritos, but that's ok, my husband took the rest to work with him. :)
These were really easy to put together which is great for a busy work day. I really liked the idea of rolling them and then putting in the oven to melt the cheese. I think this is a recipe that the whole family will love.Thanks Looneytunesfan.