Recipe by carole in orlando
A quick and easy way to make a delicious Cuban dish that makes a whole meal. Serve with salad and a fresh loaf of Cuban bread. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 10 ounces vigo brand yellow rice (should be Vigo)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained
- adobo seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken thighs with Adobo and pepper.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Saute the chicken in oil until lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken, add the onion and green peppers and saute until tender.
- Add the rice to the onion mix and stir well, mixing in the seasoning thoroughly.
- Add the chicken broth and water.
- Nestle the chicken pieces in the rice mix to partially cover the chicken.
- Cover the skillet tightly, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the peas and pimientos and stir in gently.
- Cover, and simmer 5 minutes more.
- The rice should be tender and the liquid mostly absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes.