Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious Mexican rice/chicken appetizer or meal. Serve with salad and wraps for dinner or lunch.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- Spread rice on bottom of dish.
- Layer beans, corn, chicken.
- In seperate bowl combine salt, pepper, chicken broth, salsa, marinara, bell peppers, scallions, cilantro, cumin, and garlic. Mix thoroughly and place into pan, sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve hot.