Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for ZWT 7. I modified the recipe slightly by decreasing the coconut milk and increasing the water. Sourced from http://southamericanfood.about.com
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml lentils, washed
- 473.18 ml rice
- 9.85 ml salt
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- Sauté the onion in the oil until soft and golden (5-8 minutes).
- Add the lentils and 250ml water, and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and the salt. Stir in the coconut milk and 250ml water.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes more, until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.