Posted for ZWT 7. I modified the recipe slightly by decreasing the coconut milk and increasing the water. Sourced from http://southamericanfood.about.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the onion in the oil until soft and golden (5-8 minutes).
- 2Add the lentils and 250ml water, and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- 3Stir in the rice and the salt. Stir in the coconut milk and 250ml water.
- 4Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes more, until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Lentejas Y Coco – Colombian Coconut Rice With Le
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.7
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 790.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g