1 hr 10 mins
Chef #1107456's Note:
This is a deliscious Guatemalan dessert. My adopted brother and sisier and I love this stuff to pieces, try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- 2Add 2/3 cup of the rice and begin cooking.
- 3Grind in the blender 1/3 cup rice until it is broken and powdery and add to the rice you are cooking and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Then, add the cinnamon stick, sugar, and salt.
- 5Stir well and cook for 10 minutes more on low heat, covered,.
- 6Add the milk and cook on low heat uncovered, stirring frequently until the rice is cooked. It should be a little thick(sort of like pudding).
- 7Serve warm (or cold) in mugs with a little ground cinnamon sprinkled on each serving. You can accompany this with a cookie.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 95.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g