Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a deliscious Guatemalan dessert. My adopted brother and sisier and I love this stuff to pieces, try it!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups skim milk
- ground cinnamon
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 2/3 cup of the rice and begin cooking.
- Grind in the blender 1/3 cup rice until it is broken and powdery and add to the rice you are cooking and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Then, add the cinnamon stick, sugar, and salt.
- Stir well and cook for 10 minutes more on low heat, covered,.
- Add the milk and cook on low heat uncovered, stirring frequently until the rice is cooked. It should be a little thick(sort of like pudding).
- Serve warm (or cold) in mugs with a little ground cinnamon sprinkled on each serving. You can accompany this with a cookie.