Recipe by Tybooty
Kind of like a thin rice pudding, served warm. Great for breakfast, or snack, great for using up any leftover rice.
Top Review by qotw13
I have been making this for years, but with a slight variation. Instead of evaporated milk, I just use regular milk, and I add raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves (all to taste). I recently made more of this than I actually wanted one morning (had an odd amount of leftover rice), so I put the other half back in the fridge, and the next morning it was even better! I had to add a little milk because the rice and raisins had soaked up so much overnight, but the flavors had melded very nicely overnight!
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Stovetop: Place all ingredients in a pot, stir together and cook on medium low for about five minutes stirring occasionally as so it does not scorch. This should be somewhat soupy. Warms up nicely.
- Microwave: same as above, but in microwave safe bowl, microwave for about 2 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn't boil over.
- You can add whatever fruits that you want to it, dried fruits are great.