- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- lemon peel
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in the water lemon peel and cinnamon stick until soft, about 10 minute.
- Add the milk, salt, vanilla and sugar.
- Bring to jut under a boil and turn down the heat.
- Cook at medium low heat uncovered until it gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk.
- Stir once in a while so it wont stick.
- take out the cinnamon stick and pour into bowl or small ramekins.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.