Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe is from label of La Lechera sweetened condensed milk. The original recipe doesn't call for vanilla, but I just can't imagine a rice pudding without vanilla!
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (La Lechera brand)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- Place rice, cinammon sticks and water in a pan and cook for 30 minutes at medium heat or until rice is soft.
- Add evaporated milk and condensed milk, mix to combine and continue simmering for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add raisins (and vanilla, if using), stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes more then remove from heat.
- Remove cinammon sticks, scoop into a serving dish or individual ramekins and let cool.
- Sprinkle with ground cinammon before serving.