1/1 Photo of Arroz Con Leche
I threw this together last night. I was out of sweetened condensed milk and out of evaporated milk so I tried this and it was just as good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice, cover and remove from heat. Let the rice sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Drain the rice and place back into a saucepan with 2 cups of water, lemon peel, and salt and boil on medium heat covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Place the rice in a bowl covered with plastic and set aside.
- 4Bring the 2 cups of milk, vanilla, cinnamon sticks and sugar to a low boil stirring continuously for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove the lemon peel from the rice and discard.
- 6Add the rice to the milk mixture and turn the heat up to medium high. Cook stirring throughly for an additional 2 minutes. Add the raisans and cook stirring continuously for another 2 minutes.
- 7Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder on top if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Leche
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 257.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: