This recipe comes from an old cookbook from Bogota, Colombia. I am translating it from Spanish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine rice, oil, 1 ounce of butter, 4 1/2 cup water, and salt to taste; let the rice cook, uncovered until it is nearly tender and little volcanos form, about 20 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat, stir once, cover, and let stand until the rest of the dish is finished.
- 3Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for a few minutes; add tomatoes, tomato paste (mixed with 1/2 cup water), curry powder, and salt.
- 4Leave 4 shrimps whole, and cut the remainder into 3 pieces; add to sauce and cook until they just cook through and are opaque.
- 5Once the rice is done, stir in the sauce (removing the 4 whole shrimps that will garnish the plate); place into a bowl to form a mold.
- 6To serve, you can plate a little lettuce or green peas, turn the rice mold on top, then garnish with grated Parmesan and the whole shrimps.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Langostinos Al Curry (Curried Rice With Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 486.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: