This is a very good recipe from the Celebracion Cookbook. It is the recipe that I usually use and everyone who tries it, loves it. I hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Sprinkle pork with adobo seasoning and rub into meat with your hands,.
- 3Cook meat in hot oil, stirring frequently until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add recaito, olives, capers and tomato paste to pot.
- 5Lower heat to medium, stir and cook 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- 6Add pigeon peas and liquid into the pot and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove lid, add the rice, 3 cups of water and salt.
- 8Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook covered for 20 minutes without disturbing.
- 9Remove the lid and stir gently.
- 10Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes over low heat,.
- 11Remove from the heat and keep covered until ready to seve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Gandules
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 759.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: