Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very good recipe from the Celebracion Cookbook. It is the recipe that I usually use and everyone who tries it, loves it. I hope you do too.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3 boneless pork chops, diced
- 14.79 ml adobo seasoning
- 44.37 ml recaito (Goya brand)
- 10 olives, pimento stuffed, halved
- 10 capers
- 44.37 ml tomato paste, use tablespoons
- 453.59 g pigeon peas, undrained
- 473.18 ml long grain white rice
- 7.39 ml salt
- Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with adobo seasoning and rub into meat with your hands,.
- Cook meat in hot oil, stirring frequently until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add recaito, olives, capers and tomato paste to pot.
- Lower heat to medium, stir and cook 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add pigeon peas and liquid into the pot and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the rice, 3 cups of water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook covered for 20 minutes without disturbing.
- Remove the lid and stir gently.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes over low heat,.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered until ready to seve.