Recipe by mandabears
This is a very good recipe from the Celebracion Cookbook. It is the recipe that I usually use and everyone who tries it, loves it. I hope you do too.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 boneless pork chops, diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons recaito (Goya brand)
- 10 olives, pimento stuffed, halved
- 10 capers
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste, use tablespoons
- 16 ounces pigeon peas, undrained
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with adobo seasoning and rub into meat with your hands,.
- Cook meat in hot oil, stirring frequently until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add recaito, olives, capers and tomato paste to pot.
- Lower heat to medium, stir and cook 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add pigeon peas and liquid into the pot and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the rice, 3 cups of water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook covered for 20 minutes without disturbing.
- Remove the lid and stir gently.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes over low heat,.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered until ready to seve.