Recipe by l0ve2c00k
After so much trial and error I gave up trying to make this recipe just like Gma's. This is the one I use. I try to keep it as "low-fat" possible by not adding bacon or sausage like other recipes call for.
- 236.59 ml rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 29.58 ml sofrito sauce
- 425.24 g cangreen pigeon peas, undrained
- sazon goya con culantro y achiote (to taste)
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml cilantro
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute oil, paste and sofrito.
- Add water, oregano,cilantro, sazon and salt.
- After washing rice (if desired), add rice.
- After bringing to a boil (on medium-high heat). Cover and cook on low heat until ready.
- Garnish with roasted red bell peppers if desired.