1/1 Photo of Arroz Con Gandules
This is a direct copy of the recipe on the can of Goya Green Pigeon Peas aka Gandules Verde and it is so delicious!! I usually use 1/2 cup of the ham because it is slightly healthier, but have also used smoked turkey breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add bacon(ham), onions, green pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- 4Add remaining ingredient, except rice and bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in rice; cover.
- 6Simmer for 2 minutes or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Gandules
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: