Recipe by mandabears
This is a direct copy of the recipe on the can of Goya Green Pigeon Peas aka Gandules Verde and it is so delicious!! I usually use 1/2 cup of the ham because it is slightly healthier, but have also used smoked turkey breast.
- 2 slice bacon or 118.29 ml ham, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g goya green pigeon peas, undrained
- 1 packet sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 118.29 ml goya tomato sauce
- 709.77 ml water
- 473.18 ml rice, I use Uncle Ben
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add bacon(ham), onions, green pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add remaining ingredient, except rice and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; cover.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until rice is tender.