Recipe by ivan from philadelphia
Puerto Rican style rice pudding..... yummy and easy to do.
Top Review by Marielis R.
Honestly, I am so shocked at how easy this was to prepare. The only tedious task is waiting for the rice to soak in water for a little over 3 hours. Lol! I love the fact that you don't have to add sugar or a ton of cinnamon for taste and flavor because of the condensed (sweetened) milk. The only 3 things that I dis different was, I added about 3/4 cup more of raisins, about 5 more spice cloves, and a little over a cup more of water when it was boiling with water. Other than that, it turned out extremely delicious!
- 473.18 ml white rice
- 473.18 ml water
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 396.89 g can condensed milk
- 396.89 g can coconut milk
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 6 cloves
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- First it is recommended that you soak the rice in water for at least 3 hours before cooking so that it can soften up. After it has been soaking for a bit remove the water and begin to cook it.
- In a heavy saucepan over med heat, bring the rice and water to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer (LOW), add the cloves and cinnamon stick. Stir.
- Let this cook (uncovered) until the water has evaporated ( 8 - 15 minutes ).
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the pinch of cinnamon), stir gently once, and again let simmer (uncovered) until all liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer into a casserole or serving dish, garnish with the pinch of cinnamon (sprinkle on top) and refrigerate.
- Keep refrigerated. May be served at room temperature.