1/2 Photos of Arroz Con Costra (Crusty Rice With Pork and Chicken)
Brian Holley's Note:
This Spanish dish is very simple to make and simply delicious, filling and not too expensive. If you enjoy paella dishes this should please you. The recipe was given to me by my Spanish next door neighbor, she tells me that it is new style food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g long grain rice
- 300 g lean pork
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 bratwursts or 100 g black pudding
- 100 g chickpeas, from a can
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 35 fluid ounces water
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs, beaten yolks only
- 1Cut the pork, chicken and sausage into 1" pieces.
- 2In a large pan heat the oil and fry the meat, with the garlic, tomato puree and chick peas. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Wash the rice in cold running water , to removes excess starch. Add to the pan.
- 4Add the water, crumble the stock cube and add to the pan with the turmeric and peas.
- 5Bring to the boil, cover the pan, reduce heat to minimum cook for 12 minutes.
- 6Turn off the heat, LEAVE THE PAN covered for ten minutes. make sure that the rice has absorbed all of the water, and is almost dry. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
- 7Fluff up the rice with a fork. Put rice into an oven proof dish.
- 8Beat the eggs, pour over the rice and place into hot oven till eggs have formed a crust on top of the rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Con Costra (Crusty Rice With Pork and Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 840.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 268.7 mg
- Sodium 874.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 49.5 g