Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy rice dish for your next Mexican meal.
- 1 cup chicken broth (water can be used)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice to water and stir. Remove water from heat, cover and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to rice and place in a 2-quart, greased, casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
hey swap partner, this was terrific, i had last minute dinner guests and found this recipe to make with grilled chicken. it does not taste like an easy recipe, it tastes like a gourmet recipe, so good!!! my guests loved it and so did DH and I. A new member of my 'zaar star cookbook. sorry forgot the stars in the first review.
Good and easy!
We really liked this rice! I used chicken broth and brown rice with mild chilies. Didnt have any garlic powder so I used garlic pepper. This rice has a mild cheese flavor with richness from the sour cream. I didnt add any salt and it was perfect for us. Thank you Sandy, will be making this rice again soon.