1/2 Photos of Arroz Central Cafe (Central Cafe Rice)
This is a local dish. Central Cafe is a nice little restaurant and this recipe comes from Seasoned with Sun. A wonderful cookbook by the Junior Leage of El Paso. I made a few changes..of course! The original recipe calls for long grain rice and long green chiles, roasted and peeled. You can make it their way or mine, your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter in a medium saute pan, add olive oil.
- 3When oil is warm, add the rice, onion, pepper, and garlic.
- 4Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice browns slightly.
- 5Pour in chicken stock, stir and pour into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Central Cafe (Central Cafe Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g