Top Review by HeatherFeather
This rice cooked up nicely and was very fluffy. However, despite all the onion and using good quality olive oil, there wasn't as much flavor as I expected. This has a very mild taste - I felt like there should perhaps be more seasoning.
- 4 cups long grain rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until limp.
- Do not let it brown!
- Add the rice and sauté until the grains become shiny.
- Add the water, cover the pan, and cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed and the grains are tender.