Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious Brazilian rice. From the cookbook "World of Cooking - The PBS Series."
Make and share this Arroz Brasileiro (Brazilian Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 cups hot chicken broth (to make this vegetarian or vegan I use 3 cups hot water and 3 full tsp of Mckays Vegan Chicken seaso)
- 10 ounces Italian plum tomatoes, canned drained and chopped
- salt, to taste
- cilantro, to garnish
- tomatoes, wedges to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until grains are coated with oil and rice is hot (about 3 minutes).
- Add broth, tomatoes, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low. Cover and cook until done, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and tomatoes.
Served under Brazilian Chicken With Coconut Milk Sauce for a great meal.
Very tasty; will make again! Thanks!