James Craig's Note:
This recipe appeared in a Cooking Light magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour hot water over the rice and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- 2Drain the rice and rinse well in cold water.
- 3Let the rice drain for a few minutes.
- 4In a medium size saucepan with a tightfitting lid, heat the oil over a medium low heat.
- 5Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the rice and cook just until the grains are coated with the oil.
- 7Add the water and cook, uncovered, over a medium heat until the liquid has been absorbed and small air holes appear on the top of the rice.
- 8Do not stir Wrap the lid of the saucepan with a small terry cloth dish towel.
- 9Place the lid tightly over the saucepan so that none of the steam can escape.
- 10Set aside in a warm place for about 20-30 minutes, so that the rice can continue to cook and the grains expand.
- 11Stir the rice well before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz Blanco (white rice)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g