Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from the Great American Brand Name Recipes Cookbook. I changed the ingredients to fit my vegitarian preference. This is the base for another rice recipe my family loves (green rice) I actually sautee on the stove top but then cook the rice in my rice cooker.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- In a medium sauce pan heat fat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add rice and broth., Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 min or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Very nice. A good complement for many meals. Thanks for posting this recipe!