Arroz a La Mexicana (Mexican Rice)
- Puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and ½ cup (125 ml) of the stock in an electric blender or food processor.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the rice until it turns golden.
- Add the tomato puree, remaining stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Mix in the peas and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with the optional garnishes.