My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped or 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen or fresh cooked)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and ½ cup (125 ml) of the stock in an electric blender or food processor.
- 2Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the rice until it turns golden.
- 3Add the tomato puree, remaining stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Bring to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- 5Mix in the peas and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Garnish with the optional garnishes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arroz a La Mexicana (Mexican Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 236.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.4 g