Recipe by wjorma
When I lived in Tucson, Az. I would stop in at the Arroyo Cafe after classes at Pima College and have a coffee and sandwich then the waitress offered Peanut Butter Pie and I was hooked. They actually made a one crust flour pie shell but we like a little taste of chocolate.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 large chocolate graham crackers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 0.5 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter into a 12" X 12" X 1 1/2 " round tart pan.
- Crush six lg. chocolate graham crackers and press into the butter in the pan and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese,sugar & peanut butter together until smooth.
- Fold in one 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip. Pour into the tart pan,cover and chill for several hours .
- Decorate around the edges with the 1/2 tub of Cool Whip. Makes 12 generous servings.